1. Data controller and its contact details
Berner Ltd (hereinafter “Berner”) Business ID: 0107011-5
Hitsaajankatu 24, FI-00810 Helsinki
Switchboard tel. +358 20 791 00
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Name of the register
Berner Ltd’s customer register
3. Purposes of processing personal data
The purposes of processing personal data are:
- marketing measures concerning the products and services of Berner Ltd and those of the brands it represents, including informing and making announcements
- newsletter services
- organising campaigns, for instance in connection with different competitions and events
- opinion and marketing surveys and research
- training purposes.
4. Grounds for processing personal data
Processing of personal data is based on the consent of the data subject, for instance consent to electronic direct marketing. Data subjects can subscribe to newsletters or take part in competitions by giving their consent to the processing of their personal data for these purposes. Data subjects have the right to withdraw their consent at any time by using the unsubscribe link provided in the newsletters or by contacting the data controller.
5. Data content of the register
The following data may be stored in the register:
- first and last name
- phone number
- email address
- special diet information, if applicable, in connection with events
- technical identifiers, such as an IP address, in connection with some services.
6. Recipients or recipient groups of personal data
No personal data in the register is disclosed to third parties or transferred to a location outside Finland.
7. Personal data retention periods
With regard to newsletters, personal data will be retained until the data subject unsubscribes from the newsletter service or the subscription ceases to be valid in other ways. Personal data will be deleted 12 months after the subscription has expired or ended, at the latest.
Personal data used for competition and campaign purposes will be retained for 12 months from the closing date of the competition or campaign.
8. Personal data sources
Personal data is collected directly from the data subject, for instance, in connection with subscribing to a newsletter or taking part in a competition.
9. Rights of the data subject
Data subjects have the following rights:
- right to obtain a confirmation as to whether their personal data is being processed by the data controller and, where that is the case, inspect data concerning them that has been recorded in the register
- right to request rectification of their personal data
- right to request erasure of their personal data
- right to object to processing of their personal data for direct marketing purposes
- right to request restriction of processing of their personal data or otherwise to object to processing of personal data
- right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes law.
For requests related to personal data, please use the personal data form: https://www.berner.fi/en/contacts/contact-us/?form=personal-data
10. Principles of data protection of the register
The data in the register is stored in information systems that are protected by technical and organisational means, such as firewalls and passwords. Only pre-determined people have access for processing personal data.